Sunday, February 28, 2010

Effective Museum Aspects

There are so many museums that I have visited each was effective in their own way besides what is on exhibit it is in my opinion is the staff that makes a museum very effective. In many ways the staff can make or break a visitors experience to a museum. Yes museums usually have the representation of ‘ssshhhh show respect this is a museum you need to be quiet’ with security and guides giving the glare of death if you make a loud sound. But I have never run into any staff of a museum acting like that. Very friendly, helpful, full of information of the exhibits and of the museum these museum staff is there for the visitor regardless of what museum a visitor is at.

With large museums there still is the helpful staff that is there to help but I find that smaller museums (that are out of the mainstream) or when visiting a bigger museums on none eventful day both have better staff. Yes going to a museum you is there to appreciate the exhibit you wanted to visit but the staff is able to give you a more in-depth look at the exhibit and answering your questions. Depending on the staff you can get a personal tour of the museum. In my personal experiences I can rightfully blame my mom for many of those tours and I’m grateful in hindsight for they were very insightful. My favorite private tour was when I visited the John Steinbeck museum in California on a Wednesday morning (with my mom) and Aaron one of the staff at the front desk took us around to each exhibit including all the extra tidbits. Funny thing was before I visited the Museum I have only read one of his books after that visit I have read five more.

No comments:

Post a Comment